Visit Blue Star Contemporary
- Located in Building C of the Blue Star Arts Complex
- 116 Blue Star
- San Antonio, TX 78204
- 210.227.6960 (Phone)
Blue Star Contemporary is the nonprofit contemporary art organization making its home since 1986 in the wider Blue Star Arts Complex. If you are interested in leasing or First Friday vendor information, please contact the Blue Star Arts Complex directly at 210.354.3775.
Schedule your visit:
Blue Star Contemporary offers free admission to our exhibitions.
Blue Star Contemporary has taken Greater SAfer Together Pledge out of care for our community and we are currently operating with the following visitor requirements and procedures in place:
- Guests over the age of 10 years old must wear face coverings and observe social distancing guidelines while visiting the galleries.
- BSC asks that guests who feel sick or have recently traveled refrain from visiting the space.
Visit our exhibitions page for details regarding opening and closing dates of shows to avoid visiting during an installation period when the museum is closed.
- Thursday – Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- As of June 11, 2020, donations will be requested in lieu of admission
- BSC is a member of Museums for All
- Always free – Blue Star Contemporary Members, Military and Veterans, Educators, Lone Star Card holders, and Students with ID. Reciprocal members: San Antonio TechBloc, and Mod/Co Reciprocal Membership Program. Same-day visitors to the McNay Art Museum with valid receipt.
Accessibility and Special Services
Blue Star Contemporary is committed to serving all visitors. Blue Star Contemporary is accessible to people using wheelchairs. All galleries and facilities are wheelchair accessible. Service animals are welcome. Sign language available upon request. Large-print gallery notes are available upon request. For more information about the accessibility of our building and programs, please contact us at (210) 227-6960 or email@example.com
Street parking is free in the surrounding neighborhoods and visitors can park for free at Brackenridge High School’s parking lot during non-school hours only. The lot is just a short stroll along the Riverwalk to the complex. Other great options include taking the Viva Culture Route (#11) bus, or rideshares such as Uber and Lyft. Feel like biking? SA Bike Share offers numerous docking stations throughout San Antonio’s cultural destinations, in and surrounding the urban core. Visiting with a group? BSC’s Corporate Member, National Charter Bus San Antonio (210-343-2190) can help. The Blue Star Arts Complex parking lot is valet only on First Friday beginning at 2pm for a $15 fee.
Closed to the public for the following Holidays
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Easter, Battle of Flowers, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
School and Group Tours
As of June 11, 2020, BSC has suspended large group tours. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.227.6960. All appointment and tour requests must be made at least 14 days in advance of your visit.
Blue Star Contemporary is a dynamic setting for ideation sessions, retreats, and special occasions. BSC Corporate Members receive annual benefits, including access to BSC galleries for private events. For information about hosting your next business meeting or event at Blue Star Contemporary, please email Development Manager Elaine Leahy at email@example.com.