COVID-19 AND SHELTER IN PLACE RESOURCES
Founded by artists in 1986, Blue Star Contemporary is proudly artist-centric.
COVID-19 Emergency-related Resources:
- Unemployment Assistance: You may qualify for Disaster Unemployment Assistance as the U.S. Department of Labor has expanded the definition of those covered due to the COVID-19 outbreak, open even to those losing income for an undetermined amount of time due to temporary closure or those who must leave employment because they are high risk. This is not limited to those employed by a company; self-employed individuals such as artists are eligible. You need only have a contract, 1099, or W-2.
- San Antonio Food Bank– In addition to their food support, the SA Food Bank offers assistance in applying for different state and federal benefits programs, including: SNAP, Medicaid, CHIP, WIC, TANF, and Healthy Texas Women
- San Antonio Food Pantries: https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/tx-san_antonio
- Seed Commons: Worker Response Fund
- Creative Capital’s List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund
- Arts Fund COVID-19 Arts Emergency Relief Fund
- Artist Relief -$5,000 unrestricted grants to artists Applications are now open for Cycle 1: April 8th – April 23rd (closing 11:59pm ET). The fund will operate through September 2020. Grants will be available and distributed over six months.
- Actos de Confianza: NALAC Micro-Grants– $500, deadline April 16th, 2020 at 4:00PM Central Time
- Artists’ Charitable Fund
- Artists’ Fellowship, Inc. The Artists’ Fellowship provides emergency aid to professional fine artists and their families in times of sickness, natural disaster, bereavement or unexpected extreme hardship. The organization defines eligibility to “Professional” is defined as those visual artists who make their livelihood through sales as reported on a Schedule C with a U.S. Federal tax return. An active exhibition history is also an important part of documenting “professional.” You can find the application here.
- The Adolph & Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant
- Joan Mitchell Foundation Emergency Grants for 2020
- Haven Foundation The Haven Foundation provides financial assistance to artists who have a health crisis. Read the guidelines for application here.
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grant Foundation for Contemporary Arts has a relief fund for artists who incur unexpected or unbudgeted expenses for projects close to completion with committed exhibition or performance dates. These grants do not cover life-related emergencies such as food, rent, medical bills, childcare, and other basic necessities, reimbursement for expenses that you have already incurred, or projects with no scheduled exhibition or performance dates, so look closely at the requirements and limitations.
- Disabled Creator and Activist Pandemic Relief
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
- Relief + Resources from Arts Organizations information from CERF+ on emergency financial relief, emergency residencies, and other emergency resources for artists
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources(Google doc)
- City of San Antonio’s Department of Arts and Culture resources for artists
- Common Field’s COVID-19 Resources for Artist Organization Field (Google doc)
- Art Resources and COVID-19 from NALAC
- Texans for the Arts Resources
- 211 United Way help line
- Lists from the Vermont Studio Center
- NYFA Emergency Grants List
- Take the Americans for the Arts’ Coronavirus Impact Survey
Arts, culture, and wellness experiences:
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections – includes kids friendly sites and activities (Includes BSC’s Curator and Exhibitions Manager Jacqueline Saragoza McGilvray’s pick: Live Jelly Cam from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.)
- Daily guided meditation from Sanofa.org x For Freedoms
To join by computer:https://zoom.us/j/746885621 Meeting ID: 746 885 621 To join by phone:+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)/+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)/+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- Five-Minute Tours of exhibitions across Texas hosted on Glasstire’s home page
- The Center for Performing Arts Medicine at Houston Methodist list of Houston-area, national, and international virtual art experiences.
- The Ecumenical Center provides personalized music therapy sessions from your home. For more information, call (210) 616-0885
- Check out our Spotify Playlists- you can find them here